LANGUAGE ASSISTANTS IN OUR SCHOOL!
Our school believes that hosting a language assistant in our families is an ideal way to improve language learning for our students. One of the challenges in our project of being a trilingual school is to improve the learning process of English language by providing the students the possibility of holding real conversations and encouraging them to speak and interact with native speakers.
This year our language assistants are Danielle from California and Vincent from Massachusetts. They arrived in Sant Sadurní on the 3rd of September and they will be living in different students’ homes during all the school year. Elizabeth arrived on the 24th of October and she comes from Bristol (England). Their presence in our school will be relevant not only for our students but also for the teachers and school staff who will have the opportunity to learn about a new culture with people from other parts of the world and to improve their language skills and live a real experience of life.
So our language assistants will:
- Encourage our students to speak in real situations.
- Explain them the culture of their countries.
- Help in other subjects apart from English if necessary.
- Act as a role model for correct pronunciation.
- Collaborate with teaching staff in creating material and planning lessons.
- And, the most important thing, our students from P3 to 2nd of Batxillerat will have the opportunity to benefit from real spoken English sessions with native English speakers.
We hope that the experience will be as much positive as it has been until now. We wish our students and CAs to make the most of their experience.